If you are looking to make fitness a bigger priority in your life, then learning about these 3 best gym exercises for women is a must. Starting to go to the gym isn’t enough, you need to go with a purpose to make the most of your time when you are there. You shouldn’t have to spend hours in the gym if you understand how to train the right way, you can get a great workout very quickly. This is beneficial because it allows you to get great results without having to spend a lot of your free time in the gym. If this sounds like an approach you’d like to take, then learning about these 3 best gym exercises for women will help you to get your fitness journey off on the right foot.
Exercise #1 – Squats (Barbell Squats)
Whether you do them with weights, or without weights, squats are one exercise you don’t want to skip in the gym. When the average person thinks about squats they probably picture some muscle-bound guy with a huge amount of weight on his back. That’s not how you need to do squats to get great results. You can use light to moderate weight, or no weight at all. You have probably seen other women do it that way, and here are the reasons to follow their example.
What are the benefits of doing squats?
- Squats improve and tighten your butt and thighs. Those are problem areas that plague a lot of women. If you want to keep a toned butt and thighs, then doing squats is a must.
- Squats will also tone your calf muscles.
- Squats are one of those exercises that work your entire body. From your core to your shoulders to your legs, squats are a true total body workout.
- Squats will give you greater lower body strength and stability. That means being able to perform better athletically, and being more capable of moving around during your day-to-day activities. Doing squats strengthens your leg muscles, which reduces your risk of injuries.
Exercise #2 – Bench Press for Women
The bench press, or some variation of it (such as incline dumbbell press), should be a staple in every woman’s gym routine. If you don’t like laying on your back and pressing weight over your head, you can always do push-ups. Or, you could use a smith machine as a spotter, or use a weight machine. No matter how you do it, the important thing is that you do perform this exercise.
What benefits will the bench press give you?
- Bench presses increase your upper body strength.
- Bench presses will tone and strengthen your chest, which can help to keep your breasts firmer and less likely to sag with age.
- Bench presses work your triceps, toning and strengthening them. If you hate the idea of wearing short sleeve shirts and waiving due to the back of your arm jiggling, regular bench press workouts will fix this problem.
Exercise #3 – Arm Curls (Bicep Curls)
Arm curls performed with light to moderate weight, utilizing a high number of repetitions, are among the best gym exercises for women as they will strengthen your biceps as well as your wrist and forearm. Many women skip doing arm curls for fear of overdeveloping their arms, but this shouldn’t be a problem. Just use a lightweight and do lots of repetitions (pumping).
What benefits will arm curls give you?
- Arm curls strengthen your biceps, forearms, and wrist, and improve your grip strength as well.
- Arm curls will help to keep your arm toned.
- Arms curls will improve your overall arm strength enabling you to perform other exercises more effectively.
Supplement Your Gym Routine with a Good Diet for Best Results
If you want to get in great shape quickly you need to eat well in addition to mastering the best gym exercises. There’s a common misconception that it takes a long time to get in great shape. The truth is that if you work out the right way, do it regularly, and eat well, you can make improvements very quickly. Don’t forget that you also need to give your body time to rest and recover, especially when you are doing resistance training-style exercises. As a general rule of thumb, you should only be doing the above-mentioned exercise once a week, with a day off between each of them. So, go hit the gym, practice these 3 best gym exercises for women, and get ready to be blown away by the results you’ll see.